Thursday, December 08, 2005
I'm ready for my lobotomy, Mr. DeMille.

It's only 10:00am and already I feel like I've been through the wringer.

Firstly, I've had a headache every single day since I got whacked on the head. Yesterday I woke up with one and it lasted all day long. I have an appointment with my doctor this afternoon.

My kids are all in mischievious moods, and I'm not up to being Super Mommy. Chaya is home from school for a teacher work day, so she's adding to the excitement. My head hurts and I'm not being so nice.

I have a cleaning lady here, such a blessing. (Although I wonder what she was thinking when I stuck my screaming 2 year old in his room). I haven't had cleaning help in more than 6 months. My house really needs it. I was all excited because a friend passed her along to me, but due to a mix-up I probably won't get to have her again. I haven't been able to find anyone at all, and here I thought "Yay, now I'll have help once a week!" So it's kind of a let down. I guess I should just be thankful for what I have at this moment. If G-d wants me to have more cleaning help, He'll arrange for it.

While we're on the topic, I have all these little pockets around my house that need a thorough organizing. I made a list this morning of all the places I'd like to tackle, and I came up with 11. Like my bathroom medicine cabinet (expired herbal tinctures). Or my kids' drawers (stashed toys and outgrown clothes). I look at the list and I just feel weary.

The other night Yaakov's stepmother was over, and I was sitting on the porch with her as she dragged on her Virginia Slims. "You know," she said (exhaling minty dragon smoke), "You don't need any more kids. Three little kids close in age is enough for anybody. I'd have killed myself by now."

Have I told you how much I love my life lately?



3 Comments:

  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger shy_smiley said…

    Ouch, Maven! Holidays do this to me too, without having a bump to the head. Hope you straighten it out with your doctor (take two and get some rest indeed!).

    You can only do one or two things at a time, you know. I like to keep a to-do list (so I don't have to waste energy worrying about what I need to do!) and then crossing off items as I do them. For me it's Christmas stuff right now: the stuff that has to be mailed.

    In fact, what am I doing here? I need to go wrap some gifts!

    Smile a little, Maven. You don't need a lobotomy, nor your stepmother(inlaw)'s hurtful comments. Just breathe. Sometimes that's enough.

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    AND YET another unproductive, unenlightening remark from a (step)mother-in-law goes down in the world's great insults hall of fame...ahhhh...as my husband loves to remark "we have a REAL life, Hashem is a Real G-d, we have Real children, we are UNSHAKABLE!"
    keeping in mind that Hashem is our axis to return to , let us let these and other depressing energy drainers go down the drain, and out into the flow of water which returns to the great waters which can absorb all things and is always constant

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    and one more thing....
    "TORAH!!! TZIVA!!!! LANU!!!! MOSHE!!! MORASHA!!! KHILLAS!!! YANKOV!!!!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com