Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Love, Mother.

Yesterday I went to the bank, to be added to my mother's safety deposit box list. She took me into the vault, and showed me the box. Then she took me into a little room, and showed me its contents.

Her kesuba, birth certificates, her life insurance policy, other legalities. Jewelery that will someday be mine. Attached to her birth certificate was a note, explaining how it was an original and that a second one was issued after she was named. It was signed simply, "Love, Mother."

My precious grandmother, who passed away when I was 7. Those were her words, her handwriting, her love. I ran my hands across the words in reverence, and my eyes filled with tears.


2 Comments:

  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    I have a note from my grandmother that I keep in a box on my shelf - just seeing her distinctive writing warms my heart.

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a neat blessing...I hope we all continue to find such love notes throughout our lives! (Of course, keep leaving some along the way...that is important too!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com