Monday, November 19, 2007
Busy.

Life has become very hectic lately. I've been on the Hillary campaign planting questions to audience members.

Okay. That's not true.

I've been busy teaching Hebrew school. I've been busy feeling overwhelmed by my messy house and all my laundry. I've been busy cleaning up Zalman's puke.

Yaakov has been busy working 14 hour days.

I will be busy hustling together a Thanksgiving dinner that I'm not interested in making.

Today I will be busy going to a doctor's appointment for Srulik. Tomorrow I will be busy going to an upsherinish. Oh, I'm reminded! I have to buy a gift for the birthday boy. I'll be busy doing that, too.

I am busy helping with homework and bath time. I am busy trying to figure out what to make for supper every night.

Yaakov is busy mowing the lawn and fixing the cars.

I am busy thinking about what to do for Rivky's birthday in school. I am busy thinking about the family "latke party" we make every year.

I am busy every morning, trying to find clothes for kids to wear to school that are clean and neat.

Yaakov is busy filling in for my lazy ass when all I want to do is lay on the couch and be a vegetable.

Now I will be busy cleaning up Zalman, and the bowl of grits he just knocked on the kitchen floor.


4 Comments:

  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    I don't know how old Rivky is, but I was always partial to vanilla cupcakes with sprinkles on top. Unfortunately, my birthday is at the end of June so I never really had a school birthday party, but when other kids would have their parties I always enjoyed the cupcakes the most. Just a thought :-)

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    It so overwhelming sometimes. I look forward to the day that I say, 'what will I do now?' and it may never come.

    I do believe that some of what keeps us busy can be put off - I hope you find some down time to renew...

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Only four more days to Shabbos?

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Yaakov is busy filling in for my lazy ass when all I want to do is lay on the couch and be a vegetable."

    im not clear on the "being a lazy ass" part - is it when youre cleaning up the messy house? doing laundry? cleaning up puke? putting together dinner? taking ure son to the doctor? going to the upsherinish? buying the present? doing homework? bathtime? supper? planning the bday? dressing ure kids in the morning? or cleaning up the spilled grits?

    i wish i was that kind of lazy :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com